to your movement one life
Let’s face it – life is busy and not everyone can seamlessly fit in a daily gym visit. For some people, it’s realistic and fits their lifestyle with little to no struggle. But for many, it simply may not be possible. For the working parent, for example, getting to the gym may be extremely low on their priority list. And sometimes it can feel like there aren’t enough hours in a day. Luckily, the world is changing, and even if you can’t get to the gym regularly, it doesn’t mean that you can’t lead an active and healthy life. Increasingly, it seems that we can easily enhance our lives by finding our own unique style to fit in our workout or meditation routine. If you’re still skeptical, or if adding in wellness is a challenge for you, here are some tips to help you change your mindset on daily movement and meditation. Welcome to your Movement One life:
1. By creating a morning routine and adhering to it you are less likely to neglect daily activity or meditation. And it begins as soon as you wake up in the morning. When you hear your alarm, get up right away – or allow yourself a 1-snooze-button at the maximum. Make your bed as soon as you get up. Often when we do the things we don’t want to do first, then the rest of the daily tasks suddenly seem to fall into place a lot easier. So make it a habit. Make your bed, freshen up, and continue with a solid morning routine that suits you. When you start your day productively, the rest of your day will likely follow suit, and suddenly you have found time to create your own unique wellness routine.
2. Commit to doing at least five minutes of activity and most likely you will end up doing more. And even if you don’t do more, at least you did some. Some days this is the mentality we must accept. The MVMT ONE programs are as short as five minutes, and can still be effective, whether you’re looking for quick muscle activation, or a quick sweat, or a quick meditation. It can be enough to literally change your mindset for the whole day and keep you feeling positive. Stay tuned for the release of our upcoming app.
3. Practice self-love by believing you deserve to do something good for yourself. When we are in a negative mindset, we self-sabotage. It’s easy to go down this path, but don’t be ashamed of it. Just know and believe with every ounce of your being that you deserve the best. You deserve to practice self care. You deserve to do something good for your mind and your body. It is so easy to subconsciously send messages to ourselves that we are not worth our own self-care. But you must start believing with every cell in your body that you are full of love, and that you can give love to yourself and others. Once you believe that, you will start consistently making positive changes – and these changes can include daily movement, daily activity, or daily meditation. A combination of all three is even better. It’s self care. Practice it. You deserve it.
4. Consider your daily tasks when trying to be more active. We hear this all the time, but it’s true. Take the stairs, park your car at a distance from your entrance point, set a timer at your work desk and stand up to do 10 squats every hour. These are simple ways to activate your body on a regular basis without making a bigger commitment such as a gym visit or fitness class. It all adds up.
5. Wear a Smartwatch. When you have the motivation of a device reminding you and encouraging you to move more, take more steps, burn more calories and simply be more active, you may be more likely to adhere. You can set it to suit your desired level of activity and lifestyle, and then simply wear it everyday to keep you on track.
6. Find an accountability partner. Marisa Peer, a top-rated therapist out of the United Kingdom, gives this tip on her social media, and it’s a great one. Message a friend, tell them you have a goal to do a certain amount of activity everyday, and ask them to help keep you accountable. They may choose to join you in your goals, or they may simply be there to support yours. They can message you daily to check in, or you can message them daily to report your activity log. Knowing that you have that daily check-in from someone close to you, will surely help to keep you on track.
7. Realize that we all have “down days”. Feeling this way is completely normal, and remind yourself that it’s totally fine. We are all going to have those zero-motivation or zero-energy days… It’s acceptable. It is even expected, to be honest. Some days you jump out of bed feeling like you could run a marathon. Other days you can barely even get out of bed. This is why at MVMT ONE we created programs for all moods and all energy levels. Some days you need restoration more than you need movement. On those down days listen to your body. Our feel program involves therapeutic restoration, and our be program is all about meditation and relaxation. As much as the body needs movement, remember that the mind needs stillness. Tune in and be aware. Your body and your mind will thank you.
If you loved this, click the link below to check out our variety of movement & restoration home wellness programs.